Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Lincoln


Abe Lincoln was a VERY distant relative on my mother's sitde of the family (I won't go into that now) but, but just wanted to share this image with you. This photo has been colorized by a computer and that has always fascinated me. It is amazing what we can now do on a computer. I have tried my hand at this a few times and published the results here. This photot was taken Apr 10, 1865, just four days before Lincoln was shot.
I was always faxinated with photos of Lincon as a child. In high school , I discovered a book of every known photo of Lincoln . I never owned a copy of the book but kept it checked out f the library for years - studying the man's photographic history. Everytime I make a trip to Springfield it is always an incredible event to walk the same streets as Lincoln - one of the greatest men who ever lived.

No comments: